The Simrad E5024 type-specific ECDIS training course provides officers with the system knowledge required to use this ECDIS for watchkeeping in accordance with the regulations of STCW and the ISM Code. The guided tutorial, with a duration of approx. 16 hours, covers the equipment familiarisation requirements of IMO Model Course 1.27 and MCA MIN-503(M) for the functions and controls of the Simrad E5024 ECDIS.
A course booking provides you with a three-week time frame to complete the course, repeating Modules where necessary, and to use the “FreePlay” Mode, which allows you to practice freely on the manufacturer’s original, type-approved, software. The courseware includes a final test of about 1-hour duration, which can also be repeated, leading to an individual certificate.
- Module 1: User Interface
- Module 2: ECDIS Basic Display Features
- Module 3: Sensors
- Module 4: Chart Work
- Module 5: Route Planning
- Module 6: Route Monitoring
- Module 7: Navigational Tool
- Module 8: Chart Maintenance
- Module 9: Data Management and Backup Arrangements
- Module 10: Display of Additional Information
Simrad offers a range of sophisticated auto steering, navigation and safety products for vessels of all sizes, from small vessels on inland waterways to larger coastal commercial and passenger craft.
- Certificate Validity – Indefinite (according to STCW regulations)
- Net Price – 188,00 €
- Price incl. VAT – 223,72 €
SIMRAD E50xx series – Electronic Chart Display and Information System