The ECDIS Type Specific Refresher Courses, developed by Safebridge, are specifically designed for deck officers who already own a Safebridge certificate for Type Specific Training and need refresher training because they have not used the equipment for a period of time.
Since deck officers change ships frequently, they often encounter a different ECDIS on board, but they have to be prepared every time. Although they already own a certificate on the specific ECDIS type from Safebridge, after working with a different one for a period of time, they need to refresh their knowledge.
At the same time, the navigators will update their knowledge on the latest software updates for the selected courses.
- Module 1: User Interface
- Module 2: ECDIS Basic Features
- Module 3: Chart Work
- Module 4: Sensors
- Module 5: Route Planning
- Module 6: Route Monitoring
- Module 7: Chart Maintenance
- Module 8: Backup Arrangements and Data Management
- Module 9: Navigational Tools and Other Related Information
Objectives & Structure
- Duration: Approx. 16 hours
- Timeframe: 5 days of access
- Language: English
- Approval: By manufacturer
- Prerequisites: Already certified for the specific course by Safebridge
- Educational Objective: Type-Specific refresher training with a specific ECDIS module
- Target Audience: Nautical personnel who have already been certified by Safebridge for Type Specific Training on the particular ECDIS
- Delivery Methods: E-learning
- Certificate Validity – Indefinite (according to STCW regulations)
- Net Price – 60,00 €
- Price incl. VAT – 71,40 €